This recipe comes from https://lmld.org/
It tastes amazing and there are no eggs or cooking involved.
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- Mix chopped strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar in a medium sized bowl. Allow to set for about 15 minutes so strawberries release their juices.
- Blend strawberries up in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl combine strawberry mixture with heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, salt and remaining sugar. Set aside.
- Pour strawberry cream mixture into prepared ice cream maker. Allow to run according to manufactures instructions (Mine is about 30 minutes.)
- Serve now for soft serve ice cream.
- For scoopable ice cream, scoop ice cream into a bread loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 6 hours up to overnight.